WBUR wins two National Murrows, eight PRNDI Awards
The Public Radio News Director Inc. PRNDI Awards were given out recently in St. Louis. WBUR received eight awards – five first places and three second places—more awards than any other news organization! Six of the eight awards were for our coverage of the 2015 trial of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev. That body of work represented the efforts of literally dozens of WBUR staffers. Congratulations to all for your wonderful work. Here is a list of the WBUR PRNDI Award winners:
- First Place, Best Writing, David Boeri, “Tsarnaev Relatives Take Stand in Emotional Day of Testimony.”
- First Place, Arts Feature, Amory Sivertson/Radio Boston, “Beatboxer ‘Beardyman’ Stretches Limits of the Human Voice.”
- First Place, Call-in Program, Radio Boston, “Tsarnaev Sentenced to Death: Special Coverage.”
- First Place, Continuing Coverage, Inside the Boston Marathon Bombing Trial.
- First Place, Podcast, Jamie Bologna and David Boeri, “Finish Line.”
- Second Place, Interview, David Boeri, Jack Lepiarz and Zoë Sobel, “‘Juror 83’ is First Tsarnaev Juror to Speak about Trial Experience, Death Penalty Decision.”
- Second Place, Newscast, Morning Edition, June 25, 2015, (the morning after the sentencing of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.)
- Second Place, Arts Feature, Andrea Shea, “Why a Plymouth Native Saved His Town’s Historic Summer Stock Stage.”
In other awards news, RTDNA has announced the winners of the national Edward R. Murrow Awards and WBUR won two. These awards will be given out in a ceremony this fall in New York. Our winners were:
- Best Writing, David Boeri, “Tsarnaev Relatives Take Stand in Emotional Day of Testimony.”
- Best Feature, Erika Lantz, “KindWorld: She Remembers It All.”
Congratulations to all our journalists for their award-winning work.